Monday, January 12, 2009







Well, the baby shower on the 10th was alot of fun and we got some really wonderful gifts from our family & friends. I have to say though that I did get one gift that was by far the best gift an expectant mom could possibly get. My wonderful and thoughtful husband wrote a poem for me. I have to admit, at first I didn't know who it was from because it was wrapped in lime green paper with no card or name on it. I started to read the poem aloud and almost couldn't finish it through my tears. Here it is for you to enjoy:

1 decade, 8 years and 7 months ago we came together, not knowing our lives would change forever. For awhile we shared our time there was no doubt, we were young and having fun, we were yet to take the vow. Our love quickly grew stronger with each passing day, and saying "I Love You" so easy to say. On my knee I took your hand and 'till death do we part, destiny from the beginning we knew it from the start. To become a Mother and Father we decided to try, and who would have thought it's what fate would decide? And now that he's nearly here I can't stop thinkin' , about our baby boy, our son....Lincoln.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK - that poem brought tears to my eyes too. This whole baby thing for you is so cool. I can't wait to see little Lincoln's face.

See you in March -

Love and Hugs - Aunt Vickie

Rooney said...

I cried too......I've always known Buddy loves you, that's just a given, but for him to put it into words like that totally amazed me. I'm not sure about March, but working on it! Love you to pieces and can't wait to meet the little man! love ya! Stac

ksgma said...

That poem was really special and it was so neat the way Buddy mounted and framed it. I just know you two are going to be great parents and I am so glad you invited me here to California to be a part of it. Grandpa Bob would have such fun with the little guy; I'm sure he is watching down on him. Love, Gma B.

Anonymous said...

It is so fun to watch him everyday. He keeps his eyes open more now and you just have to wonder what is going on in that cute little mind. Buddy is so good with him and you can see the little guy (Lincon) responding to his voice. He likes to listen to his KS Gma sing to him - but it does bug his dad. Oh, well - bugging his dad can be fun, too!