Thursday, February 12, 2009

Well, this was my last pregnancy Dr's appt today. I have to go for an ultrasound tomorrow at noon to make sure Lincoln's environment is still a good one for him. They will be checking the amount of amniotic fluid to make sure it's still sufficient and also take a look at the placenta to ensure that he is getting a good flow of oxygen. If everything looks good they'll let me go home but if they think the environment isn't any good anymore then they will keep me at the hospital and induce labor. If they send me home, which will most likely be the case, then the Dr. said she won't let me go past 41 weeks which would be next Friday. So if I haven't had him by Friday the 20th then they will have me go in to be induced. So, it's getting close now. The Dr. said that my cervix is forward and I've thinned out (effaced) but that I haven't dialated yet so he won't be coming tonight. That's all that's new for now. We'll keep you posted and hopefully have some pictures of Lincoln to post soon!
Love J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there - I think Lincoln knows he's safe where he is and he doesn't want to come out into this big scary world.

Anyway, you are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Love and Hugs -
Aunt Vickie