Monday, February 23, 2009















Well, Lincoln finally made it! He officially arrived on 2-20-09 at 11:25 am. He weighed in at at 7 lbs 13 oz and was 19 inches long. You can't really tell from the picture, but that is Buddy cutting the cord. St. Mary's hospital where I delivered has a Baby Friendly designation/certification that apparently only about 75 hospitals in the US have and they encourage skin to skin contact as soon as the baby is born. (That's why Buddy isn't wearing a shirt, not because the nurses found him irresistable!) From the looks of his first photo, he might end up with some dimples, which must come from the Garcia side of the family since I don't have any on my side of the family. He does have his momma's and Grandpa B's thumbs though. They curl back just like mine. He looks most like his daddy but we dont know if he'll have brown or blue eyes yet. Guess we'll have to wait and see. If you're able to view it, I've also attached a very short video of my doctor who delivered Lincoln holding him. Someone was trying to take a picture but got video instead. He goes to the pediatrician tomorrow to get all checked out . Well, that's all for now. I'll put up some more pictures and updates soon.
Love, Julie, Buddy & Lincoln


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie Lincoln is. I can't wait to see him in person. Take care and remember to sleep when he sleeps.

Love and Hugs

Great Aunt Vickie

Rooney said...

My new baby cousin is so precious. I'm looking so forward to the first time I can hold him. Give him love for me! Also, I love seeing the pic's, but would love to see one of you and Lincoln and also the 3 of you together. What do the dogs think?